Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Brake Job 88 Bronk

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
So I decied today was the day to finally do my brakes. Swapped to manual hubs , new bearings and seals, crossed drlled rotors and then sprayed it all up so it dosnt rust.
IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
All gone in 1 trip, the pain was very light in the center, the top and the hat had the most.

offroadkarter

New Jersey Chapter member
NJ
i'd make sure nothing is clogged up, but thats just me....

also, if you just used some random *** rattle can spraypaint, expect the paint on the calipers to burn off pretty fast to...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
The paint didn't look too thick in the pictures. I assume it can't be any worse than the rotors you buy that have a coating that smells terrible until it burns off, but it does burn off quick anyway. But I wouldn't suggest painting the surface of the rotors. But it's ok it looked nice for the pictures :). I would have painted the pads black though.

offroadkarter

New Jersey Chapter member
NJ
shoulda sanded the casting marks off to....

when you have to redo your rotors, go with the G2 brake paint kit, its really high quality stuff

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I would have painted it all seperate but you dont see it through the wheels.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I grease the stuffings outta ever nut and bolt I touch, down the road everything will come apart, how come you have no grease where the caliper is riding on the spindle?

I did shocks in my 95 F350 6 years ago and had to cut every nut and bolt. Put all new and ANTISEIZED the piss otta em, friend said Y am I doin that, said maybe someone down the road will take it apart and it will be easier for him. Well that was me, and my same friend was helping me, and everything came apart and antiseize was still there. HE was like dammnnnnnn 6 years lol.

I paint because if someone like me looks at the wheels and sees it painted, he knows im a fanatic not just another mechanic lol

You guys must either live somewhere that there is zero humidity or you have completely solid wheels on your trucks. 'Cause here where I live, if you don't like the look of rust, you will have to take the rotors off the truck every night and bring 'em inside so the humidity over night doesn't make 'em flash rust. Either that or have wheels with no holes so you can't see ANY of the rotor. But that only lasts til you stop a couple times... Hehehehe.

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Just gotta keep up on it lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts