Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bought me a Thunderbird

Thanks, and good idea with the toolbox. That toolbox's only purpose in this world is to hold my 15ft tow chain. :rofl:

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I was under the hood of (set the engine on fire, in fact...) a car similar to that yesterday, except it had this funny snail-shaped thing sitting in the right front corner of the engine compartment. You should get one.

Don't set it on fire, though.

I was under the hood of (set the engine on fire, in fact...) a car similar to that yesterday, except it had this funny snail-shaped thing sitting in the right front corner of the engine compartment. You should get one.

'hah' Don't set it on fire, though.

Maybe one day...after my future $30,000 of college debt is...half paid off. YelloThumbUp

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Well, if you wanna laugh about the little fire, I might as well tell you the whole story. It wouldn't start, so I was squirting some starting fluid in the TB. Got it to run a couple seconds, then tried again. It either backfired out the TB, or the disconnected up-pipe to the turbo, and all the starting fluid sittinng there caught fire. No big deal, threw a little snow on it, and it went out. Then we realized it wouldn't start because the fuel pump wasn't running. Jumpered it at the relay, and it started pumping. Something sounded a little funny, though, so we checked and found out that there was a piece of fuel line cut out and missing, and it was pumping fuel like mad out, right below the engine. Right below where the car had been on fire a minute ago. If that pump HAD been running, I might not be typing this...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Guy who owned the car had repaired the fuel line with high-pressure rubber line. Then the car broke, and shortly thereafter he needed a piece of high-pressure rubber tubing. So he stole it off that car, and then forgot about it until he saw the huge puddle on the ground...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts