Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

body work and paint on a fender

2013-08-29_20-51-31_845_zps0dbbb766.jpg

Figured I would try my hand at body work and painting because my 77 needed a left front fender and the guy that had painted the truck years ago had paint left over and he had given it to me. Since I had bought a new sand blaster and had a spare fender lying around I would give it a try and if it went well then I would paint one of the dent side vehicles I have. So what do you think ?

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Ummm...wow, I think you have some skillz there......what did you use for the clear coat and did you have a compressor and gun for this project?

What about the rest of the truck? Any pics of her?

Thanks for saying I have skills, but I think it's more of age, time and patience. lol I used a MAC HVLP gun I bought years ago and I have an 80 gal air compressor for my shop, I hate running out of air and I I bought the clear from carquest in town, they are the only ones with in 45 miles that carry any paint products. the clear is nason finishes and the paint was left over from the cab and front clip being painted like 13 years ago, surprised the paint is still good.

It's not to bad, a friend of mine owned it years ago and I had built the 400motor that was in it and it was also the first c6 tranny I had ever rebuilt and then he had it painted that blue color and it also had a flat bed on it, he sold it to a farmer near here for 5500.00 and just a couple years ago I saw it at a mechanics shop and had the PO my friend call the owner and find out what was wrong with it. He didn't know and we convinced him to let us work on it and it had blown a head gasket and had sat like that with water in one cylinder for I don't know how long and the motor got seized. long story short we did a half azzed motor for it got it running and it turned out he didn't have the money to pay us so he gave us the truck. the PO wanted it back so he bought me out of my half . Months later I found a 79 extra cab that I purchased for 1000.00 and called my friend because I knew he wanted an extra cab 4x4 and seeing as I already have 2 I didn't need another one and he came and looked at it and traded pickups title for title minus the flat bed, but I already had a bed lined out.

After much thought I have decided to start buying all the product I will need to paint the entire truck, but I am going to two tone it. The lighter blue will be the main color and the darker blue on the bed will be the center section on both sides, all the product, both primers and both colors with the clear will be around 700.00 didn't think that was to bad.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts