Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Body Rot Repair cab and bed

Hello All.. so I am just wondering if anyone here has gone through the trouble of saving their Gen10 F150 body? My truck is hurting both on the cab bottoms(rocker area) and bed rails. but the external bed sheetmetal is fine...
Is there any manf out there making those cross members?
I see LMC has some sheetmetal...
Thanks a bunch ..its too bad , the truck runs fine other wise and has a low mileage drive train..

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I don't have a solution but maybe the next guy will. I was more curious where you're located. Is it road salt related?

Ryan

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have not body rust on mine...Course I keep mine lubed up with oil and grease from pulling the motors! LOL

I don't have a solution but maybe the next guy will. I was more curious where you're located. Is it road salt related?

Ryan
Hi Ryan, ya SE MA , definately does not help. See alot of these gen rotting in the same areas.

raybuck.com/c-54832-repair-panels-ford-1997-04-ford-f150-f250-light-duty.html
raybuck has about any Repair panel you will need.
Thanks Smokey , seems to be the same stuff LMC has. I was hoping to find the bed cross members..Might just have to get creative..

I have not body rust on mine...Course I keep mine lubed up with oil and grease from pulling the motors! LOL
Oil and grease does help .. :)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts