Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

blower motor wiring

mm_0_mm

Kansas Chapter member
I'm attempting to correct the "custom wiring" of a previous owner. Can someone confirm that the blower motor power source and ground come in through the firewall just below and to the right of where the blower motor wires go back out through the firewall to the blowermotor?

I've corrected all the wiring up around the switch and am getting power all the way to the blower motor resistor, but the wires from the motor have been chopped and there are three or four wires coming in through the firewall that have also been chopped.

I think the 11th picture in this link is what it is supposed to look like?

http://www.ncspecialties.com/autobody/heater/index.htm

if anyone has a source for either of these connectors, please let me know.

I also got the temp gauge working! (the wire to the sender had been chopped off).

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That appears correct and as far a finding a new type connector....I don't think they are made anymore, I have been looking for quite some time for connector bodies and have found nothing other than NOS harnesses or used harnesses.
I think those are your best options, or finding a used connector and splicing (soldering and heatshrink) one in...do not use butt splices or the like.

mm_0_mm

Kansas Chapter member
Thanks. I removed several butt connectors and tap connectors today. need to go back and replace a few runs of wire. The radio power was tapped into the power feed to the blower motor!

Last edited:

mm_0_mm

Kansas Chapter member
I presume you mean the Orange and Black wires connector ?
Male or female ?

Yes that's correct, luckily after a closer look, they chopped the connector off the motor only...and the motor is making noise and will need to be replaced soon, (I assume the new motor will come with that connector) so i just temporarily spliced a couple of spade connectors on the motor wires...they fit good and tight on the factory spades inside the connector body.

An oil port on the back of the motor housing will extend the life of the motor.
If you can get to it after its installed.

I drilled a hole in mine , oiled it and the noise stoped.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts