Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Blower motor issues.

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Go 2-60 A/C...no resistors needed. Ever!
LOL!
I remember here in California when 2-60 A/C was only 2-55 A/C...

I just recharged my AC for the first time in 10 years and BOY I didn't realize how cold it would get! I actually had a hose clamp loose and didn't realize it until I bumped it and it hissed at me! Burt talks to me sometimes that way.. :wavey:

Dak

Go 2-60 A/C...no resistors needed. Ever!

LOL!
I remember here in California when 2-60 A/C was only 2-55 A/C...

I just recharged my AC for the first time in 10 years and BOY I didn't realize how cold it would get! I actually had a hose clamp loose and didn't realize it until I bumped it and it hissed at me! Burt talks to me sometimes that way.. :wavey:

Dak

Hahaha, yea thats what I do most of the time anyway, but theres times when the AC is nice :D And also the same problem applys to the heat so it'd be good to get it fixed for that to.

Dak, are you still runnin r-12 in yours? or have you converted? Mines still R-12, and while its cold, I think she could use just a smidge.

Gabe

dakonthemountain

California Chapter member
Ok Charles.... thanks for the guilt about the environment. :hammer: :rolling laugh:

My thought is that as long as it exists here in the good ol' US :flag: it may as well be used up! smiliestirthepot SO... Yes, I am using the R-12. A buddy of mine has a pressurized 5 gallon tank of it!!! His estimate is that it's about $1,300 worth of R-12 in the tank. You can't buy it in California at all though and he got it for FREE from a closing mechanic's shop! Thank goodness he is my real good friend! ( and my "truck and car whore" buddy)
Dak

Hahahaha, I'll just pretend I didn't see Charles post....

Sweet find on that r-12 there Dak! And yea, I also have a similar friend who has many old cans, and a pair of 30lb tanks of it(He keeps it around for his 84 Grand Wagoneer). Gotta find that stuff somewhere :D Believe it or not though, if you can find the cans(shhh) they are getting very cheap, nobody has much need for it anymore and the price has siginificantly dropped. Heh, maybe not in Cali, but elsewhere anyway :D

I still run it in my 91 Grand Wagoneer as well, and its just colder\faster. Sorry Al! :D

So I wen tby O'rielys and they can't get me a resistor anymore. Anybody got any ideas?

I'm no expert at this but if you can find someone to do it it might work,

measure the current it takes to run the fan.
Measure the voltage and voltage drop at high speed ,med and low.
Find an electronics store that sells resisters tell the salesmen your measurements and replace the old with new.

This a short versian that sounds easy

3 of D3TZ19706A

GREEN SALES
CINCINNATI, OH 45237
001 (800) 543-4959

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
the blower motor in my 79 stops now and then, a few good hard Donkey punches and it starts right back up.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts