Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Blinkers stopped working

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
92 f150

The blinkers stopped working the other day. Both outside and in the dash none of the blinkers work.

But the emergency flashers all work.. So it's not bulbs..

So to me and brad it sounds like the electrical in the column are done.. I hope not..

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Could be the multifunction switch. Had that problem in the Marquis.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Your turn signal stalk silly goose. smilietease

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
That's true... I forgot silly goose ends up leading to grumpy goose. smilietease :horrormovie: 'hiding_smilie'

Fellro

Staff member
The turn signals and hazards are on different fuses and flashers. Brake fuse and hazards are common circuit, turn signals are separate. The switch went bad in the 92 F350, lost turn and hazards both though. Hazards pretty much never did work, but they do now.It is actually pretty easy to change them on the 92-up. Don't even have to take the steering wheel off.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
On my trucks, older, they share a common flasher but not fuse. my blinkers would blow the fuse all the time without even using them. Turns out the reverse light wire going to the AOD trans had fallen down in top of the pipes and was lightly touching them. Every time i hit a bump it would fry the fuse.

Just something to check...

Sent from my mudwhistle via lemmiwinks.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
Chris..according to my Truck manual 80-96 there are two flasher units one for the 4 ways...One for the t/s...The turn signal flasher should be mounted on the fuse panel according to the manual....try swaping the flasher from the 4 ways to check the t/s...also check the fuse if you havnt already...if the flasher swap yields no results...the issue is more than likely in the t/s switch....Through some of my experiences ive also had to replace the multi function switch located in the column to restore t/s operation...removal of the upper column covers will expose the unit..by all means disconnect the battery first and leave the steering wheel be...you dont want to set off the air bag...

Last edited:
As said, its either the mulitfunction switch on the column, or the blinker canister in the fuse box, in my 1993 I replaced the canister, only to find it was the stalk, went the the junkyard and pulled one from a 96 f150......only problem now is the new canister makes a quieter sound and annoys me cause i cant hear it.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
There are 2 flashers. 1 in the front, and 1 behind it on the other side of the fuse box if I remember. You could also pull the multifunction and see if you have power going in and out when you turn then on.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts