Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Blinker trouble

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Here's the problem,

Both blinkers don't work, and when I press the brake pedal both trun indicators are on.

Is it shorted wires or component failure?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I had the same problem on the 76 and it turned out to be the whole wiring harness for the turn signals we got a new one from parts plus for around 70 bucks.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Damn Lee, are you cursed???

Thanks for noticing! Between this and the powerstroke (don't get me started on the latest on that thing) I may be going grey at 31!

I got the '79 figured out though, i just don't drive enough to remember certain little things about it. I hooked up the boat to it this morning and decieded to make sure the trailer lights worked. I pulled out the falsher button and took a walk around, strange, none of the lightes worked. Unhooked the trailer lights and had the problem I described before. Then duh, turn the flashers off!!!! They have never worked right in that thing! Signal lights, marker lights, and brakes always work, hazards don't. Problem solved.

Either you are getting feedback through a lamp socket on both sides of the truck or the TS switch contacts are corroded.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts