Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bill's F100 restoration.

Hello everyone, wanted to let ya all know i added some pic's of my 65 F100 that i have started to restore. (in my gallery)

It all started as a simple engine swap, and i could not stop taking the truck apart, so far i have it down to the frame, had the frame with some other pieces sandblasted clean. i went back and forth with to powder coat or not, I ended up going the paint route, i used Dupont epoxy (Fulpoxy) on the bare metal and then topcoated using Imron semi-gloss black. along with the frame the rad support and bat tray, spare tire carrier and the trannyand engine mounts are all done.

next things to take apart, the leaf springs and I beams, once i get them clean i can finish the painting of them along with the finder aprons and rear end and coil springs etc....

So, what you all think?

i'll add more pic's as things progress.

I think you have beautiful sunsets!

Picture_225.jpg

Looking good! Any goodies in the 289 block?

If you do get the hankerin' to powder coat anything, Perfection does a bang-up job (pricey, but I've been real happy with their work).

Man! i tried to post 3 different times yesterday and could not make it work!
kept saying i was not loged on?!? (AND it did the same thing right now)!!!

OK, the 289 was rebuilt @ Guyton's speed and machine shop in Podunk, lol...
it sports a 30 over bore, aluminum 10 to 1 pistons, ten under (stock crank)
stock rods, Crane cam, 2 roller chain, the block was decked, the 2V heads have new SS valves, new hardend seats, guides, springs, lifters, etc.... above all that is a cast iron V4 manifold.

yea, the sunsets a great! my daughter likes to take photos of them, that's one of her's.

i did get a price from Anderson's for powdercoating all the parts i had ready, there quote was a 1000 bucks! I never herd of perfection? they in town?

next stop was finishmasters, primer and paint was 325 and the blast work was 200. I will have more time to work on it as soon as i finish replacing the clutch and flywheel / starter in my 66.... What a PITA with headers in the way!!!

no it was not a bad price, but i saved 475 bucks doing the work myself

Yea! in the 66 with a 352 you have to remove the headers to get the starter out! and to put in the headers you must remove the starter.... i hate it!
never again! wish i could afford to change it back to stock.

Same thing with the '68, plus it seemed to cook starters in short order. Last time I bought one of those insulated starter blankets from Townsends and so far it is working.
Perfection Powder Coating: 1155 E Palmdale (Park and Ajo area).
434-9090

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Man! i tried to post 3 different times yesterday and could not make it work!
kept saying i was not loged on?!? (AND it did the same thing right now)!!!

OK, the 289 was rebuilt @ Guyton's speed and machine shop in Podunk, lol...
it sports a 30 over bore, aluminum 10 to 1 pistons, ten under (stock crank)
stock rods, Crane cam, 2 roller chain, the block was decked, the 2V heads have new SS valves, new hardend seats, guides, springs, lifters, etc.... above all that is a cast iron V4 manifold.

yea, the sunsets a great! my daughter likes to take photos of them, that's one of her's.

i did get a price from Anderson's for powdercoating all the parts i had ready, there quote was a 1000 bucks! I never herd of perfection? they in town?

next stop was finishmasters, primer and paint was 325 and the blast work was 200. I will have more time to work on it as soon as i finish replacing the clutch and flywheel / starter in my 66.... What a PITA with headers in the way!!!

I want your truck in all kinds of bad ways :redface:

Looking good, Bill - I guess you won't have it quite ready for the F100 WestNats this year - or will you?

not enough time left to get it back together. there is next year.... should be done by thenYelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts