Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Billet Grille - 6-bar style grille

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Lookin good! I still think you need a blower!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
like a leaf blower? Cause I know you don't mean something that's going to destroy my 5.4L.

Scott... I was swearing I wouldn't but I'm considering a smoked headlight look. Of course I'd need to do the fog lights down below too and now we're talking about a little change. I need new step bars and a radio headunit + sub & amp before I do that though.

Ryan

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Looks good. I'd keep the lights you have now though.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Looks good man...

+1 for smoking the headlights...or colormatch/chrome the grille.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
See I like the idea of lightly smoked headlights (did Ford produce any..?) but then I'd feel like I need to smoke the tail lights too. I sure as heck don't want the smoked 'covers' either.

I'm getting ahead of myself....... I want a new headunit/sub/amp first.

Ryan

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
See I like the idea of lightly smoked headlights (did Ford produce any..?) but then I'd feel like I need to smoke the tail lights too. I sure as heck don't want the smoked 'covers' either.

I'm getting ahead of myself....... I want a new headunit/sub/amp first.

Ryan

they came on Harley Davidson trucks. and for the tailights you can use the "nightshades" spray.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
just like this.....

130_3036.jpg

130_3039.jpg

Those are the ones from Ford. I don't know if you really call them smoked because the lens itself is clear but they are black on the inside instead of chrome. They only have the chrome behind the bulbs, I think that would really help set off the grille since it is now black and chrome.

I just had a guy contact me about the extra set of tinted taillights I have but If he doesn't take them I'll let you know. They're are just enough tinted to look different when you hold them up to the stock taillights.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
yeah I think I'll go ahead and take them from you...

The clear lens is better anyway. I don't really want to lose visibility. Was that light on a package? Was it a harley light or something? I don't remember ever seeing it on any new trucks.

Ryan

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
I say loose the liscense plate holder, and see if you can't set the plate recessed into where the bottom grill is... just zip tie it in with some clear zip ties. but that's just me..

Grill looks REALLY good though

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts