Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Big rims?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I have talked with Ed a few times
HE IS THE CHIT!!!!

For an offroad truck the largest I would go is 17". I have 16"ers on the '79. If I had to do it over again it'd be 17"s.

IMG_1949-1.jpg

The '05 PSD came with 17"s, that's the largest rims it'll have while I own it.

IMG_1548.jpg

NOCO77

Somethin' Like That
The sad thing is all these people that spend thousands of dollars on rims and stereo systems, neglect to do things like basic maintenance, tuneups etc..heck most of em leave the stock gears in there too..

Yes, and not even to mention brakes. Those wheels add a tremendous amount of mass and unsprung weight. I rarely see someone that has upgraded their braking system after putting those monsters on.

I prefer the 16 and 17 inch route, simply because of greater tire selection. I personally just stuck with 15's because I already had new rubber lying around.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yes, and not even to mention brakes. Those wheels add a tremendous amount of mass and unsprung weight. I rarely see someone that has upgraded their braking system after putting those monsters on.

I prefer the 16 and 17 inch route, simply because of greater tire selection. I personally just stuck with 15's because I already had new rubber lying around.

Agreed! I had someone come in a few weeks ago with 24" wheels and have the stock brakes that were in very poor condition. It was a GMC Yukon.

I been rollin on factory installed 22.5's and 24.5's for 20 years. 18 of them to be exact but for the pick-up 16.5 or 17 is the most that look right. My opinion only and you know what they say about those right:wasntme:

so everyone's opinion is to go 16-17 if i dont want 15's....prolly shouldn't go any bigger, huh?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
so everyone's opinion is to go 16-17 if i dont want 15's....prolly shouldn't go any bigger, huh?

Yeah...and if it were me, I'd stick with the 16's because 17" rim tires are typically a bit more expensive.

not talkin about money..thats what tax refunds are for. i was just wonderin if anyone had pictures of a 4x4 with 18's or 19's or even 20's with offroad tires so i could see if they were to fit my personal taste. i promise that even if i didnt like the looks, i would respect you desires to have the rims, i just am curious if i would like them

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts