Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bent my steering

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
The day has come.. I noticed some severe cupping on the outside edges of the 39's this morning and just on the outside edges on both tires, so i hopped underneath and noticed the bar going to both tires was bent out more than usual, so now the trucks running on the small 33's looks ridiculous, just waitin to get the steering crap i ordered, should be here in a couple days

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
So how exactly did you go about bending the tie rods?

So how exactly did you go about bending the tie rods?
Yeah, and if you can bend 'em, then you can dang-sure unbend 'em. LOL :)
Are the ends still snug on those? :)

But then, there are ways to hammer-mechanic tie-rod ends and ball
joints back sorta like new. :)

Ok, when a ball joint is really bad worn out it's not so good, but just
to re-snug up a "slightly loose one" works out great. YMMV

...especially on short wheel-based stuff like Quads.

Alvin in AZ (working hard to be an "Ace Hammer Mechanic" someday!)
ps- Obviously there's no -written- exam for that. ;)

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
The middle of the bar going from wheel to wheel, i guess at some point the driver side tire was against something and i tried turning, dont know when.
im not gonna try to straighten it out itll just bend again, so i called ballistic fabrication and ordered some of their heavy duty tie rod ends and their high steer steering knuckles and picked up some thick wall .75" DOM tubing so im hoping this new set up wont bend

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
I figured id spend the cash now and stop going thru front end parts, and this way when i get all my hydro assist parts together itll easily adapt to the high steer system then i wont have to worry about bump steer

so i called ballistic fabrication and ordered some of their heavy duty tie rod ends and their high steer steering knuckles and picked up some thick wall .75" DOM tubing so im hoping this new set up wont bend

Nice, I just ordered their crossover steering system, and some of their forged rod ends and weld in bungs to use for my custom suspension I'm putting on my truck. They have some great stuff there.

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
Yea, they're pretty good on prices too. I ran across a cple guys that have gotten their stuff from ballistic fab and they best the living hell out of it

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts