Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

been buying up lately

ive had a few different thoughts lately on what i would like out of my next truck. i came to the realization that the 79 truck i bought would be too much work to put a 7.3 powerstroke in so i guess the next best thing is a truck that looks like one of your mid 90's trucks is the next best thing, so i bought this for the driveline
15262562_1X.jpg

SAM_9367.jpg

then this for the cab
2438f543.jpg

fd431f7d.jpg

then this came up in australia, rhd, 7.3 idi, fresh water damaged
067a39ee.jpg

2fba4d10.jpg

82b230f9.jpg

so i bought that as well. i got no idea what im doing now, i will wait until everythings here and make my mind up.
the blue cab has the best interior and i have started doing a little rust repair on the rear corners so i will continue with this until everything is here.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Andy...do imported left hand drive vehicles have to be converted to right?

Andy...do imported left hand drive vehicles have to be converted to right?
30 years and older can be registered lhd. And no vehicles can be imported newer than 1988 unless they are brought in be a registered company and converted straight away. i think there is only two companies that can do it and they charge 40-50k. new f350s that have been done are 135k here

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Just curious...personally I think that opposite drive vehicles should be out and out banned for safety reasons.

primetime

sawmill slave
the black and blue trucks are still lhd from over there. the steering wheel is a ford one, they came out in mid 80's passenger vehicles here

30 years and older can be registered lhd. And no vehicles can be imported newer than 1988 unless they are brought in be a registered company and converted straight away. i think there is only two companies that can do it and they charge 40-50k. new f350s that have been done are 135k here

Maybe I`m not making the connection Mr. Obviouos, how is the black Super Duty still lhd then?

Maybe I`m not making the connection Mr. Obviouos, how is the black Super Duty still lhd then?

Andy would have bought it for the parts to rejuvenate one of the others.

Just curious...personally I think that opposite drive vehicles should be out and out banned for safety reasons.

I,ve been driving my lhd truck in a rhd world for just on two years now Duncan and now i actually prefer it ..... i find that the only time it ever becomes a problem is if you go through a drive through without the missus in the right hand seat to place your order.
I always get a kick out of the cops trying to random breath test my passengers - especially when i still had the pub and they were invariably pissed.
One big bonus is when it's really raining cats and dogs you just pull up to the sidewalk and get out straight under the verandah - also no more opening your drivers door into the path of cyclists ...... mind you that was always good for testing their reflexes :wasntme:
The only issue is with passing large trucks so i now pull over to the left and look up the inside of them to see what is coming before i swing out to the right to pass - i think you have a few jdm cars over there don't you Duncan .... is there an age or size rule before they have to be converted to lhd?

I always love seeing the vehicles down there. Is that a Chevy steering wheel?

They used the whole steering column out of the falcon/fairmont series of cars so as to be able to have the gearshifter on the left hand side of the steering wheel..... here's a pic of a modified XD Falcon

xf_v8_side.jpg

ive had a few different thoughts lately on what i would like out of my next truck. i came to the realization that the 79 truck i bought would be too much work to put a 7.3 powerstroke in so i guess the next best thing is a truck that looks like one of your mid 90's trucks is the next best thing, so i bought this for the driveline
so i bought that as well. i got no idea what im doing now, i will wait until everythings here and make my mind up.
the blue cab has the best interior and i have started doing a little rust repair on the rear corners so i will continue with this until everything is here.

I subscribed to this one Andy ...... gonna be a lot of headscratching to work out what to do now though mate.
I didn't realize that they made the dash rhd for the 87 - 91 f-series Andy ..... are they very common?

Anyway congrats on amassing a great selection of fords ..... feeling a little envious of you :)

I subscribed to this one Andy ...... gonna be a lot of headscratching to work out what to do now though mate.
I didn't realize that they made the dash rhd for the 87 - 91 f-series Andy ..... are they very common?

Anyway congrats on amassing a great selection of fords ..... feeling a little envious of you :)
Thanks mate, a guy i know has done it a few times before so i will seek his help when i need it.
Ive never seen that dash right hand drive before so it must be reasonbly rare. cant wait to see it in person!!

Bit of an update, the white truck came. Was very surprised, was a water damaged truck remember, no water in engine or diffs but gearbox was full!! Think it may have been filled with a hose!!! It was from a car yard that wanted way to much for it and had no hope of selling it!
But now for the best part, it has a gear vendors overdrive!!! I was excited when I seen that!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts