Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bedliners Linex vs Rhino

After searching through the forums for this thread, I'd like to know what you guys think as far as "Linex" vs "Rhino" spray-on bed liners. And if any of you have had success with color tinting the bed liner to match the exterior color? My 69 is "Sky View Blue" and I don't really want a dark black bed liner taking away from the appearance. Any thoughts???

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I went Line-X on my Ranger, and after three and a half years have no regrets. Still looks as good as the day they sprayed it. Original post. I picked Line-X in part due to availability, but if I had it to do over I'd go with Line-X regardless. Also, Line-X corp will back the warranty nation-wide, while Rhino's (and most others) lifetime warranty is only backed by the shop that sprayed it.

Compared to Rhino liners I've seen, it's a stiffer material (Rhino is just slightly squishy), with a much more even texture. Looks a lot nicer, I think.

As to color- my opinion is that color matching isn't a good idea, because even if the color is dead-on, the texture and gloss won't match. Better, IMO, to go for a complimentary color- a friend has a medium-light grey that looked real good on a sky-blue F-350, IMO.

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Ian is right, the Rhino Liner seems almost a little softer, like tar. No, not sticky like tar, but softer.

Ryan

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Yep, color matched never caught my attention. Always seen them in black.

Most bumps I've come across don't coat the bedrails though, just throwing that out there.

There's no doubt that Line-x is more durable than Rhino, though quite expensive. And if you are wiling to spend a little more, go with Line-x premium for a more long lasting bedliner.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Line-x vs rhino.

Line-x is much harder and more brittle. It will stand up to "scratches" much better than rhino, its very very hard.

If you get a good dent, the rhino will bend with the dent and it wont separate. Line-x cracks and lets go much easier than rhino with an impact.
Turbo is also similar to line-x

As far as longevity, they both last forever.
If you have bare skin on the liner, rhino is much easier on you, less abrasive.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts