Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

bed

Does anyone know how much the bed alone weighs? 87 f250

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
2 People an move them. But Its not easy on the back . Go with 3 -4 people and much easier. You get/getting another truck?

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Yea id say 300-400lbs. Long bed be heavier. You getting a new bed?

2 People an move them. But Its not easy on the back . Go with 3 -4 people and much easier. You get/getting another truck?

Getting a new bed. Best part is its free!!!!!! The actual changing of it will be easy with a fork lift at a friends shop. Hard part is going to be getting it off the ground and onto the trailer. Hopefully it wont be to long until I can paint it, I'm, not to crazy about the idea of a blue cab and a two tone blue bed.

You can also lift them with an engine hoist. They are portable enough you could borrow one and go lift the bed.

I plan to make a bracket to bolt to my bed..when it comes time for body work and paint on mine and use my hoist. I pretty much have to figure out a way to do everything by myself.

Oh...I have seen guys lift a cab that way as well as removing the front cap (front sheetmetal) with one. That is the plan here too.

EDIT: Here is my plan for the bed:

This (which I have):

open.jpg

And something like this (which I do not):

bedlift.gif

It will have to be made differently, since mine is not a modern bed, but that will give you the idea.

Last edited:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Just bought one on ebay is 80 miles from house . Have a guy who is looking for one. So By end week I'll tell you for sure.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Dang that's in nice shape. Doubt there many that clean in this part of the country...

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Got the bed .Well 2 people was OK .But to put on truck MAy be fun with just 2. It will take me because of rust most of day to get off as the guy wants to save bolts.

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
thats a real sharp looking bed!!! wish we had ones that didn't have any rust up here in new hampshire....

Looks like it's in pretty nice shape :) You gonna re-paint your truck?

Its in great shape. Only thing wrong is a small amount of rust on the wheel well on the passenger side, a easy fix. The bed was pulled off and replaced with a flat bed 7 or 8 years ago. I got lucky.

Eventually I will paint it. I need to do a little body work on the cab first. I will be able to paint for cost no labor which will be nice. For now it will just be a solid blue cab and the two tone bed lol.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts