Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Axle shims?

Take your laptop out there and draw it up with cad. :D

Umm....can I say something totally off topic?

Long before I had the architecture program or a laptop....

I drew my entire deck in 3D CAD. I then sat my PC in the rear sliding door and started in. I would go pull measurements off the computer, cut the lumber, bolt that part on. Then repeat, repeat, repeat until the deck was done.

For mechanical stuff, I do not use CAD anymore. I use inventor. I want to get access to solidworks.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
LOL. I cheat like that whenever I have to cut anything at an angle. I use cad to make the angle for me, I then print it out and copy it with my angle finder.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I think my buddy down the street with the shop has one of those magnetic driveline angle measuring tools. I'll see if he can't show me how to use it sometime. Thanks guys, I'll report back with what I find out.

LOL. I cheat like that whenever I have to cut anything at an angle. I use cad to make the angle for me, I then print it out and copy it with my angle finder.

Off topic again: I am too lazy to go dig out my old TI85 from college to figure a hypotinuse of a right triangle anymore. Remember the A square + B squared = C squared mess?

I just draw the lines and masure on CAD. I do most of my math by drawing the shapes in CAD. What is the world coming to? :suspicious:

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
What do you mean do I REMEMBER the a^2 + b^2 = c^2 equation!? Pythagorean theorem... Use it ALL the time :p

Well like all other math after the 5 th grade for me was a waist. And I went to college.

I use volumes for concrete columns and basic algebra for fuguing areas. But Even with running a 12 million dollar job the rest was a waist.

Pythagorean theorem. I'll leave that to you young Smart guys. smiliegitrdone

Just pickingsmilietease

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts