Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Autometer ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
I recently installed the usual three gauge combo in my Super Duty (EGT, boost psi, and trans temp). Upon looking at the boost gauge I noticed that the needle didn't zero, it stayed at about 3psi. Well rather than take the time to send it in and get a new one I searched online for more options. I found that if you go through the hole in the back of the gauge that is for the light bulb you can bend part of the internals of the gauge and get it to zero. Well after trying this the gauge showed about 11psi........:headbang:.

Rather than make things even worse I contacted Autometer via email and they sent me a service form to send in with my defective (and now even more defective) gauge. That was about 3 weeks ago.

Well I just got off from work and what do I find, a package from Autometer, with a gauge in it. But not my old gauge, a BRAND NEW ONE!!! Free of charge!!

I fully expected to get my old gauge back and would have to pay to get it repaired.

Nice to see a company back their product this well.:)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
That is good to hear, I never liked getting back reworked defective parts. And it just goes to show there's a reason why they're revered as the top gauge manufacturing out there.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I have an Autometer coolant temp. gauge mounted outside on my cowl. When I bought it about 7 years ago I asked if it would withstand daily driving and weather. They told me that they would not recommend me doing this. I did it anyway. It has been on two trucks already. The needle is faded and the numbers as well, but it is still readable and works fine. I would recommend them to everyone.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts