Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Asking for Advice, Tips, and Good jokes

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Doc...NC isn't really cold enough to warrant seasonal oil changes, and I keep 15w40 rotella in my stuff year round. However, if you really want to...go with the 10w30.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Well, changed the oil and replaced my headlight last night. Took awhile to do, cause I was also going to change the brakes, but once I got the tires off, I saw that I really didn't need to yet. Also, found out that after about 5 beers in less than a hour and not eating for 2 days, I am the best dang singer I know!

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
yea, my room mate was laughing, kept hollerin for someone to kill the cat!

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
The Cowboy

A cowboy appeared before St. Peter at the Pearly Gates.

'Have you ever done anything of particular merit?' St. Peter asked.

'Well, I can think of one thing,' the cowboy offered.

'On a trip to the Black Hills out in South Dakota , I came upon a gang of bikers, who were threatening a young woman. I directed them to leave her alone, but they wouldn't listen.
So, I approached the largest and most heavily tattooed biker and smacked him in his face ...kicked his bike over, ripped out his nose ring, and threw it on the ground.
I yelled, 'Now, back off!! Or I'll kick the **** out of all of you!'

St. Peter was impressed, 'When did this happen?'

'Just a couple of minutes ago...'

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
HEy guys, just got a good look under my truck, checking seals and for rusty things. I definetly have a E40D tranny, and looking at it, I pulled some numbers off of it. Wonder if you can tell me what they mean, or are they just a serial number.
GA
F3TP-GA
PRA-AAA
BD-3B20

Also, I have a BorgWarner PTO (Power Take Off Unit) for the 4WD, Serial number 13-56-039-908. What kinda of of fluid should I use in this.
I am looking at replacing seals and fluids once I get to NC. Pretty much gonna do a major tune up on my truck. Any other suggestions? Thanks

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Mark, thanks for the link, trying to figure out where he is. Not trying to do too much right now, cause I don't want break my truck right before I have to ship it out. BUt I will check it out more after I wake up. almost 0300 here, and still ain't been to sleep

Dan, I actually have the unit itself, My truck is a 4X4. Here is another question, I am thinking about cracking open the Tranny, rear pumpkin, and front pumpkins, spray them clean with some high pressure hot water, then put new gaskets on, and replace the fluids and oils. IS this a a good idea?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah it aint a bad idea I wouldnt do the axle seals unless theyre leakin though cause ya might end up makin it leak. Id also like to see some pics of that PTO ya got.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Yeah it aint a bad idea I wouldnt do the axle seals unless theyre leakin though cause ya might end up makin it leak. Id also like to see some pics of that PTO ya got.

ok, kewl. I'll take a couple and send them to you today.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
yea, I have a digital camera, and the one on my phone aint' that great.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
Ok, so the latch on my rear sliding window came off. Checkers, Napa, and Carquest dont carry them here. Any ideas?

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Id just cut some dowels to the length of the two outer windows of the back slider and stick em in the bottom of the window channels so it stays shut tight then just pull em out to use the window.

DocWest8404

Corpsman Of Marines
What do you guys think of Ultima Starters from Checkers/Kragen/Schucks/O'Reilly?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts