Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

aquired a 79

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I have to change the color of this bronco. It has been around for too long. everyone knows it. Even though it has been known as the truck to beat. It will be a challenge for me to make the truck better than what it is now. I don't plan on half assing any thing. i want to build it right.

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
:drop:

That thing is awesome! I showed dad the pics, and told him we should buy his bronk back and make it look like that. He didnt' seem interested [confused]

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dang...if you don't want the soft top...hook a brother up.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
You're nuts...red and white is the best color combo of all time...unbiasly speaking.

It is a great color combo, but I think you saying it might be just a little biased LOL

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Well I took it for a drive earlier. It needs the stearing box replaced. (my friend has one that needs the seals changed out) It also needs something done to the brakes so it will stop better. The engine has a slight miss to it. It probably needs a tune up. The tach isn't working so i don't know what kind of rpm's it is turning. It also needs a good cleaning inside and out. But it is too wet around here to be spraying water.

BigRed1

Here comes trouble...
I KNOW I'm biased, living in Alabama and bein' an Alabama fan. (6-0, y'all) :)

Plus, my 78 has the same color combo so I'm instantly a fan of your new ride.

If I was ever going to be unfaithful to my wife, it would have to be with a '78 or '79! ;)

Later

-rp-

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I just can't wait to start working on it. Money is a little tight but i can still clean it up and do a few small things to it.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Well I got it cleaned up yesterday. It took 2 gallons of purple power soap and a pressure washer. I spent about 2 hours. It needs paint bad. The top doesn't have any paint left. It is just has bare fiberglass. The hood needs to be replaced.

Next weekend I will finish cleaning the inside. I want to bed line it.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
Well i just finished installing a new 33 gal gas tank and new sending unit. Now if I just have enough money tomorrow to fill up the tank. I already tested the new sending un it. the gas gauge will work so that is a plus. Now I will know when i am about to run out of gas.

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
The new tank is working great. I just tuned it up. Plugs, wires, cap and button. The distributer seems to be half a round out. It is wired for it. My Uncle is coming over tomorrow to help me tune it right. The Holly carb also needs to be tuned.

Yesterday I cleaned all under the truck and painted the frame. I will also add 2 kc lights to the bumper tomorrow.

Ford Truck Articles