Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

anyone seen anything else done with the stock ash tray

i don't smoke, and i've always looked at the ash tray as a good place for stuff. more specifically, i look at my mom's expedition that has a cupholder in its place. i wish i was handy b/c i want to make a cupholder that slides in/out of the ash tray spot. maybe a cell phone mount or something in there too.

seems like there would be a market if someone could make that. everyone with these trucks complains about the lack of cupholders.

...just rambling

any electonics you put in that have a switch? you can put the switches there.. not that yours is turbo, but ve seen boost controllers put there.

cup holders not going to work well cause it doesnt really slide out that much.

no switches, yet

I do ned to get my flashlight hooked back up, and insure I could think of some other stuff to hook up.

I wish there was some way to put a miniture tach in mine. I do not smoke and do not have room for a big tach mounted out in my way. that way I could close it and it would be out of sight. LOL

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I mounted a mini CB in there one truck. Freind has a pod mount in there . Slides in no one knows .

As for cup holders the r stock ones for front bench seat and the console in the bucket trucks .

I post on both once in while mainly as a joke .

But mine is a change holder . Like u said is there anything better?

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
My cupholder is either
A. my passenger
B. drink wedged between my Carhartt jacket and the bench seat back
C. between my legs...hope i dont have to do any agressive shifting!

I cant change my ashtray, its my spare can-of-dip and .357 Magnum ammo holder haha

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
You inspired me Tom.

Before I had my iPod USB cord wired from the back of my stereo and into my glove box. Well when I got my iPhone I obviously couldnt leave my phone in the glovebox in case I got a call so I just kept using my iPod Nano.

But this thread gave me an idea... I re-routed the USB cord into the ash tray (from the back) and now when I wanna play tunes from my iPhone I can pull out the ashtray and run the cord to the center seat and plug her in! :) I'll take some pics as soon as I get my camera back from Trista's house :headbang:

I found this:

yb.dll

Looks like with a little fabbing it could at least bolt to the underside of your existing ashtray. Might have to trim some for clearance.
These are for up to 66 'stangs, and are 40 bucks at Texas Mustang

I re-routed the USB cord into the ash tray (from the back) and now when I wanna play tunes from my iPhone I can pull out the ashtray and run the cord to the center seat and plug her in!

i used to have mine run from the back of the head unit, under the floormats, then up into the center seat (under the armrest). that did away with the cord from the dash to the seat. worked great - just an idea

i used to have mine run from the back of the head unit, under the floormats, then up into the center seat (under the armrest). that did away with the cord from the dash to the seat. worked great - just an idea

you should put in an iPod (or w/e mp3 player) dock in there, thats a dam neat idea!.. hmm i think i might do that

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Hey I said about putting theI pod in first...... Throws fit >>>>>

All excellent ideas.

Hey I said about putting theI pod in first...... Throws fit >>>>>

All excellent ideas.

props to you, u said usb cable tho, no mention of a dock :guns:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Mine (in the f-150) holds my flasher for when I'm pulling the flatbed.

The Toyota's ask tray has a crap load of ear plugs stuffed in it.....

Best use thus far that I can think of...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts