Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone need these parts?

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
I got a taurus fan , just haven't gotten around to installing it, kicking myself in the rearend for not buying a higher amperage alternator just recently, I needed a alt. that minute so I couldn't wait til one was shipped, got it from Ford dealership.It's only a 95 amp , will that still work?

Mike

It's only a 95 amp , will that still work?

Mike

Sometimes.

If the fan is the only draw aside from running the motor, you will be OK. If you also have headlights, windshield wipers, radio, and heater on, then that alt wont last long due to heat. 95 amps isn't all the alt will put out, but that is all it will put out safely. Plan on going into the danger zone if you run the fan AD a bunch of other things all at once. My 130 amp alt will put out over 160 amps, but not for long without damaging itself...130 amps is all it is good for for a long period of time.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Sometimes.

If the fan is the only draw aside from running the motor, you will be OK. If you also have headlights, windshield wipers, radio, and heater on, then that alt wont last long due to heat. 95 amps isn't all the alt will put out, but that is all it will put out safely. Plan on going into the danger zone if you run the fan AD a bunch of other things all at once. My 130 amp alt will put out over 160 amps, but not for long without damaging itself...130 amps is all it is good for for a long period of time.
smiliewhathesaid smilieIagree

I'm running the 95 amp'er on with my Taurus fan and it works fine but it definitely drags down the volt gauge when the low speed comes on, and ESPECIALLY when the high speed comes on; you can imagine that it's not very good on the alt. Now my alt is stock so for all I know it could be pretty weak, perhaps a brand new one would support the fan better. But when my alternator DOES go out I'll be replacing it with at least a 130amp

Last edited:

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
I got the 130Amp one from RJM Injection. I love it. Its nice when im plowing. The plow pump uses alot of amps and the stock one used to take a bit to recharge the bat, the new one is like instant.

Ford Truck Articles