Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone heard of SCT

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
SCT is probably the best "chip and tuner" company out there in my opinion. I had an Xcal2 for my Mark VIII, it was awesome.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
depending on the application, they sell you a tuner (little device that plugs into car computer port and changes the computer) or a chip that gets plugged in and modifies the computer.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
The ones I have seen are. You can't reprogram your chip yourself. There is another tuning solution that some love and some hate. Its called Sniper. you buy the package then you can make your own tunes. Its expensive, but you can tweak things yourself.

SCT has a software package that you can create and load tunes into a tuner like the Xcal2 or 3, but its pretty expensive. I almost bought it, but I sold my tuned car.

ok i wanta do some serious modifications to my truck so i might have to get somethin to allow me to tune it myself or completely replaace the brain. im just tryin to find ways to cut costs

depending on the application, they sell you a tuner (little device that plugs into car computer port and changes the computer) or a chip that gets plugged in and modifies the computer.

Very good stuff, by far the best tuning option for Fords...

Nobodyspecial, you should see your old Mark, it has really gone through a lot of work, it is almost 100%, only a few more minor repairs.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Do you have any pics? I really miss that car, but I am glad that it went to a good home! What all have you guys done to her?

I am working on a 460 for my 77 F250 as the "go fast" vehicle right now. :)

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I had the SCT Xcal2 and the programming software for my 6.0L diesel. I don't know much about SCT's gasser tunes, but for the diesels, SCT was THE one. I couldn't figure out most of the settings on the software because there was just SO much that could be adjusted. It was incredible stuff. I had tunes made by Eric at Innovative Diesel and they were awesome.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
SCT is a damn good tuner that is what I have. I have an SCT x3 and it is completely tunable. GET A GOOD TUNER OR ELSE YOU WILL REGRET IT.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Even after getting a tune, canned or custom....you should dyno it to make sure AF etc is OK.

Or get a wideband O2 so you can monitor it while you tune.

Do you have any pics? I really miss that car, but I am glad that it went to a good home! What all have you guys done to her?

I am working on a 460 for my 77 F250 as the "go fast" vehicle right now. :)

Here is after the detail.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=59942

After he bought it I detailed it, then the fuel pump driver **** the bed, which in turn caused us to put in 4.10 gears, 93 driveshaft, and a walbro 255lph fuel pump. Also put in aftermarket HID's to fix the bum low beam and a glitch ballast to fix the tail light. Also put in a new blend door so it has heat.

Then he bought 18" Cobra R wheels, and got a new passenger headlight. Also getting a new drivers side door panel soon and a few other interior bits. Putting a new double din radio to replace the stock hu. Also put in a new back window to replace the totally shot window seal.

I will get some current pics after the new wheels and everything... should be looking pretty bad ***.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
totally awesome! I am so glad it went to someone that has the time and resources to fix that car the way she deserves!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts