Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone ever take their dash pad off, & leave it?

My dash pad is shot on my 68. A guy at the auto parts store said he took his off when he redone his truck and left it off. He said he just painted the metal dash when he did the cab and left the pad off.

I haven't looked under the pad yet. Just wondering if anyone else did this? If so are there a bunch of holes to fill from the bolt holes? Does it look okay or should I be searching for a pad? The inside will be all repaint so that's no big deal. Just wondering what others think.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
LMC sells repro pads, and yes there's a bunch of holes.

I figured there would be a ton of holes. Still waiting on my LMC book. I already have a wish list started.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'd be looking at Carpenters stuff over LMC.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
DC for a daily driver...why buy crap?

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
x2 on Duncans lead....Grant it ive used items from LMC with no issues...but they have been items of non importance..dash knobs,hardware,pigtails stuff like that.If you do use them be very selective in your shopping....DC'S Items come from original Ford Tooling...

Let's see some pictures of your nekkid Bump Side dash! :)

-------------------------------------

Here's some of a my nekkid Dent Side's dash...
dash.jpg

^See that reflection? :/
I cut out a black rubber mat that covers the dash, just wasn't on there
when I took these pictures. The mat's U-nuts are there in the slotted
holes in the top of the dash tho.

It sucks having a black dash in Arizona.
And it sucks having a white dash in Arizona.
LOL :)

dash1.jpg

gearshift.jpg

Alvin in AZ

Look into the coverlay for your existing padded dash, their cheap and look decent. I put one in an 86 Bronco, you can't even tell its not a real dash unless you know... I think they're about $100 through LMC for a bumpside. Not show quality, but way better than a cracked pad and looks pretty decent.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts