Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone else a little OCD?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Holy thread mine batman...well as long as it's up...

When I'm at home with Red...she gets rims/tires/wash/quick detailer once a week. Then, once a month she gets a wax, unless a show/parade comes up sooner. Then add a 3 stage wax job and clay bar once every 2 months.

The Bronco...gets a monthly wash/wax/tires/rims...then once every 3 or so months she gets a clay bar.

When I have thunder...she gets wash/tires/rims once every 2 weeks. She gets waxed once a month. When I really wanna spiff her up, she gets a 3 stage wax and clay bar...usually once every 2-3 months.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Well mine usually get washed off by the rain or snow unless I get em really muddy then dad makes me take em to a car wash that ya do yourself and I get em lookin fairly good. None of my vehicles have ever seen wax on the paint. I used to wax the roll bar but its too far gone to mess with now. Ill also get some aluminum wheel stuff occasionally for the 76.

Well I was talking to someone else about washing my truck and I have come to the conclusion that I am just a little OCD when it comes to washing the truck.

My truck gets a wash about once a week, 99% of the time in my driveway but occassionally at the car wash. AT minimum every other week during the rainy season.

I enjoy washing my truck the problem is I can never JUST wash the truck. I have to do the rims and the tires and the inside, get all the water out from the cracks and crevices and such. The whole shootin match so to speak. So a simple wash is literally a 2-3 hour ordeal for me. AGAIN, I enjoy washing it but eating up that chunk of my day usually wipes me out. Heaven forbid when the quarterly wax comes around, that is a full day ordeal.

So is anyone a little OCD about washing their cars?

I always wax my car when I wash it, and do the Maguire's 3 step system of Cleaner, Prewax, and the good final wax. I always use aluminum polish on the rims, and vacuum the inside. Its like a weekend deal for me, and it kills my hands. Too much vibration... (from the buffer, pervs... :p)

I wash my dad's car. I take AT LEAST 2 hours since I always take ages on the rims. I always try to get all the brake dust completely off, and get everything sparkling clean. The car looks beastly afterward though.

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
I wash my dad's car. I take AT LEAST 2 hours since I always take ages on the rims. I always try to get all the brake dust completely off, and get everything sparkling clean. The car looks beastly afterward though.

its still a ***** blue...seriously, id almost pay tony to put my hands on his ****ING TRUCK i swear if yall take my words and mix em up ill stab you....even your aaron....i blame it on the economy and that my parent didnt love me enough etc etc....

I washed my Mustang today... (Brad was giving me hell... :p) and it looks alot better, hadnt been washed in a while so I had time. The old way job still looks decent so I didnt redo it after the dirt came off. :)

emtzach

i get paid to do this
yall are funny... i just detailed my truck for the first time since i got it in oct last year. when i say detail i mean COMPLETELY detailed it. wet sanded some really deep scratches. compounded,polished, swirl remover. and a spray wax. i dont like full was cuz it makes it harder to polish or compound later if any one(like my freakin dogs) scratch the paint hangin out the window lol. But yeah that took all weekend and then some but i was takin my time. It looks great tho.

emtzach

i get paid to do this
oh yeah quick suggestion for those that get those every evening showers. as long as u dont get thick mud on the truck, and its still really wet grab a california squegee and keep it in the truck its quick to use and it gets the water off befor it turns to water spots i also keep a duster in the truck for the polin like i said im in Washington state now i understand the frustration of washing and raining. just say woosaa and truck it

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
oh yeah quick suggestion for those that get those every evening showers. as long as u dont get thick mud on the truck, and its still really wet grab a california squegee and keep it in the truck its quick to use and it gets the water off befor it turns to water spots i also keep a duster in the truck for the polin like i said im in Washington state now i understand the frustration of washing and raining. just say woosaa and truck it

HAHA...I'm the same way. ALWAYS have the duster with me. But usually the rides are parked inside...but I do have the squegee just in case.

And post pics of your detail job.

Ford Truck Articles