Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

ANyone done a simulated dual exhaust yet?

I am getting ready to do a simulated dual exhaust on my 02 7.3 PSD. I am probably going to Y pipe it just past the rear axle and I haven't decided if I am going to stick with the 4" all the way out the back or not. Anyone done this? Found a good place to get 45 degree angles and y-pipes?
My 40" spare wont fit under there anyway so I might as well make the Monster a little more one of a kind.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I bought my exhaust tips off Summit Racing's website. I have a friend who owns an exhaust shop, so he always does all my cut & weld and installation on the thing. He sources parts and I told him what i paid for the tips. He said that's what he pays - so apparently the prices are pretty reasonable.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Per the exhaust tips topic...I've been having a helluva time finding tips that aren't yellowing, bluing or rusting. Doesn't seem to matter what brand or how much I spend, the $10 cheapies from the local shop or the $60 name brand tips outta summit. The cheapies seem to be more prone to rust and the higher quality pieces seem more prone to the discoloration.

As for where to get the actual pipe, Jegs, summit, local shop would be my advice.

Good info.. thanks. I like Summit, I have always had good luck with car stuff. Havent hit them up to much for SD stuff.. But I will now. If I can find it I think I am going to try and split my 4" into two 3's (thats the stock stuff right???) and then put tips out the back. I woudl prefer to put them out the sides but As high as my truck sits I would be filling up little cars with Diesel smoke...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I don't know what type of tips you use, but I always use the stainless steel tips and they don't rust, flake, or discolor anything like the chrome ones do.

Ryan

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I woudl prefer to put them out the sides but As high as my truck sits I would be filling up little cars with Diesel smoke...

That's awfully considerate of you...but I must say, when my Bronco was going through as much oil as gas, it always brought a smile to my face smoking out the yuppies that looked down...err...up their nose at me.

I don't know what type of tips you use, but I always use the stainless steel tips and they don't rust, flake, or discolor anything like the chrome ones do.

Ryan

Agreed...but some how I still manage to get yellowing on the stainless tips right at the base where it's welded to the pipe.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Agreed...but some how I still manage to get yellowing on the stainless tips right at the base where it's welded to the pipe.

Sometimes they yellow from the heat. I did an exhaust for a guy once and the next day he asked why I put one gold and one silver tip on. I was like "Wth are you talking about?" He brought it down and sure enough one was gold. I took a torch to the other one and it instantly turned yellow from the heat. Was weird, so I put normal chrome ones on. I found that they don't rust as fast if you keep waxing them. I had 2ft. long tips on my old truck once and waxed them every week. They lasted a long time.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts