Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anybody need a cs bed?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Nice find. If I were local, I'd buy it just because it's rust free and a rarity of a bed. You don't see those to often in that good of shape. Also, it makes me wonder how many nice rust free beds were used as trailers in their days and now are either just sitting by someones barn or have rotted away to nothing.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Great find. It's nice to see there still are some solid beds out there. Now I just need to find a truck to fit it. :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man I would loooooooooove to have that bed. I've always wanted to convert a SCS to a 4x4, now add that to an 8 ft flareside bed, and I'd have some very unique rigs. Now I just need the rest of the trucks...haha. And yes that is a spare tire door, the wheel base for a SCS or 77-79 CS is 140"

If I were closer, Id buy it just to have. Then I just got to convince my neighbor to sell his 77 f350 flat bed and Id be in business

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Is that different from my bed on my truck i got the same bed as TexasRho83 on his big blue truck.

Yes, it's different. Texasrho83 has the toolbox on his bed, but the wheelbase is the same. The Camper Special bed has that spare tire door and the fender arches are set back further on the bed for the longer wheelbase of the Camper Special. Take a closer look at both beds and you can clearly see the difference. Only those beds with the "big door (spare tire)" have the different wheelbase and won't fit most long bed trucks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is that different from my bed on my truck i got the same bed as TexasRho83 on his big blue truck.

Yes it is different than the bed you, TexasRho, and I have.

Yes, it's different. Texasrho83 has the toolbox on his bed, but the wheelbase is the same. The Camper Special bed has that spare tire door and the fender arches are set back further on the bed for the longer wheelbase of the Camper Special. Take a closer look at both beds and you can clearly see the difference. Only those beds with the "big door (spare tire)" have the different wheelbase and won't fit most long bed trucks.

Just to expound on this a little bit, pre-77 it was called a SUPER camper special that had the 140" wb bed, then in 77-79, you could find the same bed, but they dropped the Super, and just called it a camper special.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts