Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

any reason my top radiator hose is sucked closed

on my '95 F150, 300, automatic, that I just got, I've noticed my top radiator hose sucks shut in between the engine and the radiator. I've never seen this before on any vehicle. I've driven it about 80 miles and when I got home I first noticed it, so I opened the radiator cap and the hose went back to normal shape.

Now today I've driven about 20 miles and it is sucked shut. The temp on the gauge is good, and it hasn't shown any signs of overheating. Do I just need to replace the hose or is this something more serious? The truck is cold and shut off for hours when I've noticed this. Jim

blacksnapon

Staff member
on my '95 F150, 300, automatic, that I just got, I've noticed my top radiator hose sucks shut in between the engine and the radiator. I've never seen this before on any vehicle. I've driven it about 80 miles and when I got home I first noticed it, so I opened the radiator cap and the hose went back to normal shape.

Now today I've driven about 20 miles and it is sucked shut. The temp on the gauge is good, and it hasn't shown any signs of overheating. Do I just need to replace the hose or is this something more serious? The truck is cold and shut off for hours when I've noticed this. Jim
That shows you that the system is woking correctly. You need a vacuum in there to "return" the coolant from the overflow. Just continue to monitor the coolant levels when cold, and you'll be ok.

thank you, the more I thought about it, I felt like an idiot for asking, but I never saw it before on any of my other vehicles, and I just wondered if there was too much negative pressure or something. Jim

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
thank you, the more I thought about it, I felt like an idiot for asking, but I never saw it before on any of my other vehicles, and I just wondered if there was too much negative pressure or something. Jim

There is never a stupid question here.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts