Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Any one out there with a HEI on their 460?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I just got my new Mallory HEI installed this week, the pinging is gone and it seems to maybe run a tad smoother not hardly noticable. Just really glad the pinging is gone. Also makes the engine look neat and clean with less wires. I am curious how long this mallory will last, it was $179 from summit.

texas83 ever notice your engine wont idle right on a damp rainy day? every ford i have ever had with the stock ignition did the same thing even if it was new or old that was all fixed with the hei unit on both my 460s and a 302 it was a good feeling to rip all the old wireing and brain box out knowing that it would never leave me stranded again i am not much of a chev fan either but i gotta say i am happy with this conversion regurds joe

no i have had brand new trucks with 302/390/400/460 engines and they all did it i think its the coil that dont have enough power as back in the day most every one i knew including my self used accel super coils [the big yellow one] and that seemed to fix some of the problem the ajustable vac advance also makes a big differnce

Ford Truck Articles