Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

any one know what engine this is??

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Motor_pick_up_high_performance.jpg

Motor_pick_up_High_Performance4.jpg

Pick_up_Chevrolet_vs__Pick_up_Ford_.jpg

Pick_up_high_performance_quemando_c.jpg

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Well I'm admittedly HORRIBLE at recognizing engines, but I'm the only one online so I'll take a shot :rofl:

Clearly it's a V8-- both by the shape and the number of spark plug wires. The serp belts means it's a later model engine (as opposed to V-belts)... So I'm assuming it's either a 302/351 Windsor, or a 460. I couldn't tell you any of the physical difference between those engines in terms of structure. I always recognize the 460 by the fact that the throttle body intake ports don't face towards the grill like the windsor engines. With no throttle body on there I can't tell :p

BUT! That pulley configuration looks pretty drastically different from my 351w... So I'm putting my bet on it being a 460. That's my uneducated guess :D

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
yupp its a wide engine!!

Fellro

Staff member
If it is original to the body style, it would definitely be a 460, and not too many convert to the 335 series... definitely not a 302 or W, way wrong looks, and too big. Looking at the exhaust manifolds tells it to be at a minimum a 335 or 385 series, my money is on a 460.

FTF'er
It's not enough... it looks like the Bowtie got him...

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
its a 460. the only reason i say this is because the sorta oddly shaped valve covers. also the ford is for also show cause you can see in the pics there are 2 power feeds for 2 amplifiers for a sound system. if you need 2 amps that sound system is huge and heavy.

Last edited:
It's definitely not a Windsor so lets hope it's only a 351M or 400.. cause it lost to the chevy. :(

Jergen.. was that filmed local to you by chance? I have never seen a more reckless display of idiocy in my whole life... kids walking across the "racetrack" in front of staged cars, people standing on the pavement and hanging all over the cars. Where is the common sense here, I'm surprised there isn't a clip of a pile of people getting mowed down by an out of control car. The behavior here is beyond stupid, it's roulette.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
It's definitely not a Windsor so lets hope it's only a 351M or 400.. cause it lost to the chevy. :(

Jergen.. was that filmed local to you by chance? I have never seen a more reckless display of idiocy in my whole life... kids walking across the "racetrack" in front of staged cars, people standing on the pavement and hanging all over the cars. Where is the common sense here, I'm surprised there isn't a clip of a pile of people getting mowed down by an out of control car. The behavior here is beyond stupid, it's roulette.

hahaahh hell no.. thats somewhere in mexico.. of venezuela i dunno.. we have drag strips here and streetlegal every 2 weeks pay 10 bucks and go race your car till the engine blow

Ford Truck Articles