Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

any one ever use this product

tboss619

tboss619
I have a slight skip in my 460 and was thinkin abt trying lucas oil fuel treatment to see if its one of the enjectors sticking and needs cleaning...I know I mentioned a product name and if thats a no-no then the moderator can remove for me as I dont want to do anything to get kicked off the forum.....Im frustrated with this skip as I have changed plugs,,wires,,distributor cap and roter and cleaned the IAC and it still has tyhe intermitment skip at idle and high rev..could the egr cause this skip It has not thrown a code so I flying blind here pls help and if this thread is not proper then Im sorry.... tks terry:headbang:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Not a problem to mention brand names, lol. We're not that strict here :p

My suggestion is that you do not put any treatments in your oil. I know some people do it with some success but I just dont trust anything that will affect the viscosity of my oil-- lubrication is the most basic part of keeping your engine running smoothly.

That being said, there should be no problem with using fuel additives. In fact I recommend it! The injectors can and do get gunky and it's good to run some injector cleaner every once in a while.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
I works pretty good!

I've used it a lot!!!

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Welcome aboard man.

Like Chris said, no worries on the brand names. Helps people give you a better more honest opinion if they know exactly what you are referring to.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ive has used that before workes super good. Lucas works good in your oil too, i trust that stuff.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
At this point, I trust all lucas products. It has firmed up transmissions and cleaned out engines for me. I didn't notice it doing any miricles in the fuel. It was on par with Seafoam or Techron.

Ryan

for my money the BG 44K works the best as fuel treatments -but it's high dollar
try to use it once a year if money will let me around $25 bucks last time I splurged

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts