Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another noob question

Doing some exhaust work on my truck. Pipe broke just before the muffler. But as I work on that, I noticed a little rubber hose that runs to the catalytic converter. What is this, and is it important to replace/repair?

If that's what I think it is, it should go to the smog pump.. feeds air to the cat to help the burn process...

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
No rubber hose routes directly to any catalytic converter. Some vehicles use a steel tube, it connects to a nipple on the cat converter by way of a clamp.

Since you failed to mention what year/engine size your truck is, I cannot tell you which rubber hose you are refering to, but it's prolly part of the T/E = Thermactor Emission system.

T/E = smog pump.

No rubber hose routes directly to any catalytic converter. Some vehicles use a steel tube, it connects to a nipple on the cat converter by way of a clamp.

Since you failed to mention what year/engine size your truck is, I cannot tell you which rubber hose you are refering to, but it's prolly part of the T/E = Thermactor Emission system.

T/E = smog pump.

Well my truck info is in my sig. 1990 F-150 with the fuel injected 351 Windsor.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts