Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

another find with pics

A guy called me up because he heard i was lookin for dent parts and sent me pics of this one that was at a cottege he purchased apparently it was running until someone stole the distributer. Let me know what you guys think. Apparently this thing like 1 hr 45 mins down over a dirt road so i wanna make sure before i spend the time and effort to look at this thing. One thing i def want is the door panels!!

Last edited:
I say get it if its at a good price.

Free for the taking if i can get it to run and drive off the property but it a long way and i already got a 79 in the driveway for parts.

Well, for free you can always get wht you need and help some members on here and others with dent parts they're needing. Looks pretty decent.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...I was about to say $1000 as it sits, but if it's free, take it/...no questions about it.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
If its free take it. I wouldn't even hesitate even if you have to drag it out of there.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
exactly.. that cab looks REAL solid and so does the bed.. which in themselves could fetch 1k probably minimum if some frugal person comes along like ben lowballing ya.....

jk ben.....

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
exactly.. that cab looks REAL solid and so does the bed.. which in themselves could fetch 1k probably minimum if some frugal person comes along like ben lowballing ya.....

jk ben.....

You're not kidding Chris....Ben would lowball the heck out of ya....it's bargaining!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

jk ben.....

No need to kid when it's the honest to God truth. More often than not, I decide what fair market value is, then offer 30% lower than that...and start from there. Flip side, if the widget is outrageously priced higher than FMV, I won't waste my time and won't insult the seller.

Seriously though...I guess it depends on area, but $500-800 is a legit price for that cab

You're not kidding Chris....Ben would lowball the heck out of ya....it's bargaining!

You wanna see a professional bargainer...take a look at Steven (wareagle) at a swap meet. He'll haggle over a nickel, and he'll make you feel about it too. At the Charlotte Autofair, I saw that guy offer something like 25% of asking price for some insulation, the vendor dropped like $5. Steven started factoring in the incoming weather, and it was almost time to close up shop, etc. etc...I think final sales price was like 55% of retail.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts