Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

another chapter in the story..

rambler

New Shoes......
OK, well it does have a lot of miles.. I knew my "auto" hubs were going, and when I manually engaged them the last snow, they would not disengage..so thinking I need some new ones.. well yesterday heading up the road.. we start hearing a clunk clunk clunk,, pretty bad..

so I think it must be on the drivers side, where the hub is bad.. so I go out. and pull the hub.. and drive it home..

buddy had a used mile marker hub he would loan me to get me by.. till mine come in.. so I put it on.. oh by the way all the way home.. no CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK

so put it on.. it seems to be off, and take it for a test drive.. well again CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK..
great.. back it back to the driveway.. as now it is very dark.. and will look at i tomorrow.. wife wont be happy, she likes to drive it..

now I am thinking .. U joint? but why does it do that when the hub should have been disengaged? and why not do anything when hub is off?

could it be I put the hub in wrong? seemed very straight forward..

will look tomorrow on the ujoints,, which means pulling the front axle,, and new seals..

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts