Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Alt bracket pic

upper ? Lower ?

what engine ?

w/Power steering w/ AC ?

What year truck ?

Not sure if this will help you much but its all I have.
1248276234.jpg

That is a L&L alt bracket on a 460.
You can look on L&L's site to get a good pic of the alt installed but it is there bracket. Not sure what bracket you have.
Here is the link: http://www.landlproducts.com/details.aspx?ItemID=1051

Last edited:

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
What engine???

429 I don't know what the brackets came off of, but Ford is stamped on them. I put them back the way they were, but I don't think they are right. I need to see some pics of maybe some bb and sb alt brackets on motors so I can figure out if they are on right or not.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Maybe post a pic of how you installed it and someone might be able to tell you if it looks right even though they dont have a pic

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Not sure if this will help,but here's my 400 (complete with uber cool 3g Taurus alt:cool:). There's a long arc'ed bracket on the bottom.

IMG_1679-1.jpg

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
This is from my 79...I don't think it's been molested:
0043.JPG

0033.JPG

I can take more pictures if these don't work for you.

Well I guess mine is right. I just don't understand why they put the tensioner bolt under and on the back of the alternator. It seems like it would be on the front where you could tighten it while you are putting pressure on the belt. I guess it is just a bad design. Am I the only one that thinks this?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Hope you get it sorted out!

Here's mine with the car brackets

altbracket460.jpg

Altbracket2.jpg

alternatorbrackets.jpg

The alternator Upper bracketry is a little different. The adjustment bolt is on top

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts