Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Alright, What's the smartest route to clean up my emissions gear?

Craigwell

Improvising Adventurer
There are NO emissions standards/testing in my area.

I have a 351M, with emissions schedule 7-72-R11. (Thanks Dennis)

I am wondering what would the smartest route for me with this gear.

Opinions anyone?

I'm thinking that I should put the distributor on ported vacuum from manifold vac, and get rid of the other vacuum switches and amplifier etc, and put the egr on simple ported vacuum as well?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
With no emissions testing in your area you can elimate all of the emissions equipment. You could leave the egr hooked up but why? I just left mine in there and unhooked it from the vacuum.

You should re-curve the distributor as well since the elimination of the emissions equipment will affect the timing.

The only things that are hooked up to vacuum on my 400 now is the brake booster and the distributor.

Craigwell

Improvising Adventurer
yeah good thought unrulee, might be what i do. I will determine what plate is in the dizzy and rate of advance. It was stuck at 4* BTDC before yesterday, frozen distributor. I finally got it unstuck and gave it the initial timing it wanted. Really woke it up. We'll see if mileage follows. Had been getting about 14mpg.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts