Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Almost done...

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
Still working out the last issues of the F150 swap

All thats left is to weld in an o2 sensor bung, and then get a longer serpentine belt before this tight one murders my bearings.

I will do a full writeup later but heres the basics for anyone curouis

I took a 1993 351w EFI and ZF 5 speed and the borg warner t case from my F250HD and put it in my 1990 F150.

Re-used parts: 302 wiring harness (with 1990 351 distributer), driveshafts from the 302 drivetrain, 302 exhaust manifolds,

New parts: 351 engine, tranny, t case, had to use the F250 shifters,

Had to combine a mix of 302 and 351 fuel system and electronics parts.

Just built the rest of the exhaust yesterday, it comes off the manifolds, passender side straight back, drivers crosses to passenger side (but does not combine like the Y pipe would) and both pipes go through seperate glasspacks (18") with turndowns welded on. Sounds good even with the engine running like crap w/out the sensor.

As for emmisions, it has no cats, EGR is removed and plugged, smog pump is plugged (as are most of the vaccum system)
I fixed the brake booster so i can stop again, still no power steering, i think i might have toasted the box from driving it w/ the PS disconnected and turning 36's lol

Problems for the future: My broken tach, its been dead for awhile and now with a much lower geared tranny and louder engine im having to relearn where to shift w/out the tach, no biggy.
No speedo, 1993 took the speedo from the VSS rear axle, my 1990 is set up for taking reading off the T case, so i have no speedo at the moment.

lots more, but im at school right now and running out of time...

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
You might consider a connecting "H" pipe on your exhaust. It helps smooth out the pressure with the opposite banks.

Good luck man... That sounds ambitous.

Ryan

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
So far so good.,...kinda

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts