Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ah got some wierd PINS, Doc!

Ah got some MPINS, Doc~

DSCN1599.jpg

DSCN1601.jpg

OK, you see those pins in those I beams, almost picture center?

What the heck are those, why are they there, and should they be protruding so far? Can't find anything in my chiltons about them!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
what truck is that on? And are they directly behind your sway bars?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Probably just an inside joke by Ford Engineers to make curious people waste hours of their time trying to figure out what they do.:rofl: Maybe they just plug the un-needed hole...:guns:

Seriously though I have no idea

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Aren't those where you hook on the tow line for Chebbies and Didges??

Its a 2000 F350 SooperCrewzer... The sway bar is attached elsewhere, but yes, they are behind it... you are looking at it from the front in those pics.
I also apologize for the typo in the title :rofl:

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I am wondering if they are to keep the sway bars from tourquing too far...

I'll have to look into that!
I also like the idea Aaron had, too.... to make silly folk like me waste hours pondering them...

.....I also apologize for the Brian being allowed in the forum:rofl:

A SUPER MODERATOR could fix that. Why don't you contact one and see if he will do so for you. If you ask real nice, he might help. :rolling laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Possible track bar mounting studs?

Picture in 80/89 parts catalog shows bare holes, with a track bar illustrated in front. Pic doesn't show how or where track bars (there are two) mount.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Those keep the steering components from going too far, and getting the tires into the components.

Thank you all for those constructive answers... as for the rest of ya.... welllllll

Vince, I really don't see anything they'd stop... guess theyre doing their job, eh? hehe

blacksnapon

Staff member
The front end parts (I beams) are used in several different models and body styles. Yours may not use them. The same part in another application might get used so much, they get ground down.

That makes more sense than anything I'd come up with. I honestly didn't know if they still called them I-beams or not! I'm still a throwback to the 70's in that area. I was originally just curious, and figured I'd ask here in case someone else had the same thing.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts