Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

aftermarket bumper help

hello, so I'm the 3rd owner of my truck, second owner had taken off the aftermarket grill guard, and I believe lost some of the hardware, I wanna put it back on, 'cuz it's deer season, lol, anyway, could use a little help figguring out a few things, I've got photos in my gallery, can't seem to get my digital camera pics on here, to big...

anyway, I have the upper bracket, but not the lower, was thinking maybe just trying to use bailing wire on the bottom, I know that's ghetto as heck, but that's me, lol. Just concerned that won't be of much help in an impact, any ideas (simple!) would be appreciated, as in who manufacturered, so I could possibly just get another pair of lower brackets, thanks in advance

Last edited:
bump? like I said, pics of brackets and bumper are in my gallery if anyone is interested...

ALVIN! lol, let me restate my self, so I have an aftermarket grill guard, of unknown origin, came with my truck, unattached, some of the mounting hardware is missing. I have pics of the brackets and bumper in my gallery, and I am hoping that A) someone may be able to tell who is the manufacturer, and/or B) offer me an idea as to how I can attach it securely, thanks.

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
If you hold it up to your bumper and take a pic. You might be able to get better advise or hold it up and you might be able to make something work with a piece of angle iron or something, its not that hard to mount up brush guards

yeah thanks crzybil, I'll give that a try... probably just gonna have to try the bailing wire thing for now.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
mount it with steel L brackets or angle iron as stated above.attach to the sides of the guard & to the bumper by drilling & bolt it up.i did this on a former truck of mine that broke off the brackets at the bottom & it worked out fine & it was sturdy.

alright thanks Buzz Gun, sounds doable...

crzybil87

C.R.A.Z.Y.B.I.L.L
attaching that thing is not complicated . at most itll take 2 pieces of angle iron and 4 bolts, dont do bailing wire itll look like sh**

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts