Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

admins, mods, etc. different color?

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Ooh, thanks tomtoc. I may have to give that a try, although I do prefer IE. Hmmm.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
No that extension only allows you to switch between the CSS styles that are offered on the page you're viewing, you can't put your own in there... Since this is the only CSS style we've got on FTF, there's no other choices after installing the extension.

Trust me, I tried it :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey but check this out.... If the admins were in install multiple styles onto the forum then we could use that extension to switch between them. Here is how they can upload more styles:

How do I install the Style?

1. Extract the zip files to a folder on your computer.
2. Upload the image folder to your forums> images>styles> directory (ex: forum/images/styles/blacksmart).
Note: If you dont have an Style folder in your images directory, create new folder named 'styles'
3. Login to your Admincp in your vBulletin Forum and Click on "Style & Templates" to expand the menu.
4. In the expanded menu click on "Download / Upload Styles" , a new page will load.
5. In the new page look for: "Import Style XML File" click on browse and point it to the .xml file that you want to install
6. Press IMPORT to complete the installation

Styles for this vBulletin version can be downloaded on this forum:
http://www.vbulletin-faq.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54

You have to register (free) to download them. There's a few that I liked and downloaded. Admins, any chance I could email you one of the styles and have you upload it? Or you could just give me access to the Templates and Styles pane :D :nana:

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Awww. I think they need to trade me for Ryan, I'd get this stuff done in a JIFFY :D

Sent the styles to your email Ryan. Let me know when you get round to doing it, shouldn't take longer than about 10 minutes for both skins. I'll be waiting :)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
It goes good with red pumps.

Nice talkin to y'all. I'll be banned after that one lol

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
yeah black one looks cool. i wonder if there is a grabber green one though?

c ya later tony!:wavey: :wavey:

........after I read the 4,000,000 posts since I went to the lake tuesday.

Ryan

Don't you realize that the CEO of a large American company can go on vacation to the Bahamas, however, he has to take his cell phone, pager, and laptop. He must also make sure he stays in a hotel that has wireless access in his room.

Ceo = admin
Bahamas are an island in an......ocean = lake

See the parallel? You are not allowed to wander off without Internet access any longer! smilietease

:wasntme:

Yep...banned now officially. :(

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I put it in place, but none of the images work. I'll have to keep trying.

Ryan
Yeah I noticed it... Doesn't seem to work very well unless you've designed the page specifically for that style sheet... I was afraid of that :headbang: Don't stress yourself about it too much Ryan. I think it might require an entire redesign of the site to make another CSS file work.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
It looks like we would have to create or assign each individual gif and banner to match colors, and at the very least map each filepath for each image.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts