Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

add a leaf

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
got into a discussion yesterday with a buddy about this.... is it possible to put a add a leaf into a full set of 5.5 inch rear springs? would some one remove the second from bottom leaf and install the add a leaf or just add the add a leaf with all lifted springs attached? this is for improvised lifting or just because the certain leaf is shot?? confusing i know

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I put an add a leaf in my 94 F150. I have the 3" wide springs, though. I took the spring pack apart and put the add-a-leaf on top of the bottom leaf.

It usually isn't to replace a leaf. It's usually to add lift and capacity to the truck.

Ryan

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
add it longer center bolt and new j bolt (I dont reuse)

odogf150

YOUNG GUN
utah
is it safe to add a long add a leaf and a short add a leaf in the same leaf pack? my intentions are to gain height and weight capacity and mainly to just not be using a block spacer. and it would look cool

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
It's safe, but it's going to start getting very stiff. Just keep them in order. You might have to start moving your shackle hanger if you're going to get all that arch.

Ryan

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Also keep in mind that when you move the hangers, you're axle is going to move as well. All the geometry starts to change for driveshafts and whatnot.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts