Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Acquiring a title

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
So my uncle dated this gal that we all thought was pretty cool, turns out she was a nut case. Anyway before we could kick her out she racked up some court fees amongst other things (a little over 5k). Anyway she signed over the title to her '65 Mustang to cover it, and my uncle never got a chance to make it official. She, in a drunkin fit, either burned all the paperwork or packed it up somewhere when she left to go back to AZ...

Can we get a hold of a title w/o going through the lien process and w/o it having to be reported as abandoned and towed???

Proeliator

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
I'd try filing for a "lost title" first and see how that works out....

Proeliator

Pacific Northwest Chapter member
Don't you need the signature of the owner for a lost title???

Also, it's an out of state title, will that have an affect on getting one???

Sigs are easy to fake, and in many states all you need is the bill of sale with the "sig" ;)

In some states the vehicle has to be present for a vin check to issue the new title. Thats about it.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Sigs are easy to fake, and in many states all you need is the bill of sale with the "sig" ;)

In some states the vehicle has to be present for a vin check to issue the new title. Thats about it.

That might be pretty easy, will have to see if there's any paperwork still around with her sig on it...

Here's the car BTW...

mustang012.jpg

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
"Out of state lost title" and "owner's a nut job." Eric, it doesn't get much better than this. :rofl:

Seriously though- this could get tricky. Without a Bill of Sale or Power of Attorney it's going to be very hard to legally transfer that title.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts