Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

AC

Krafty

Missouri Chapter member
Did a search and couldn't find much, so sorry if I missed this somewhere. Unfortunately this is not on a frod but rather a freightliner truck... I have a freightliner fl-70 and the ac is weak as h*ll. It will work good early in the morining but in the heat of the day it won't keep up. I tried filling the freon but it is full. The guys at the dealership suggested that it was the dryer, and the expansion valve. So I bought the parts and was going to have a good buddy, that owes me more favors then I care to count, put it on. Well you know how that turns out, suddenly I can't get a hold of him for a month. I am half a** thinking about trying to do this myself... Am I half crazy?? I am pretty mechanically inclined with motors, just not with AC... What do you guys thing try it or take it somehwere. I am tired of sweathing my arse off in this thing.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
There's nothing special about air conditioning... If you are mechanically inclined and have a good repair manual, there is no reason you can't do it. The only thing is that it does involve freon under high pressure, which common sense tells you could be a hazard if you are not careful.

Depeding on what this particular job involves on a FL70, you may need somewhat specialized tools, but nothing you can't get at NAPA. Mostly the quick disconnect tool comes to mind...

You will also need to evacuate and recharge the system when you are done, which is obvious, but I added it for someone who may read this thread in the future.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts