Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

abs not working???

Well i never nt=oticed but my truck has abs but it does nt work when i go sliding on purpose. I have been just pushing he brakes so i will slide and it does not pump. Sometimes i can feel a lil bitof a ap in te pedal but it does not pump. It is the 1995 f25 7.3 so it hould work i have the abs light and all that any ldeas

i have not checked if the light lights up when i am sliding bu it lights sometimes when i start it. my 4 wheel drive lights all work fine too.

One way to check if you have rear abs. Crawl under truck and look to see if you have the valve inside the left frame rail. On my 90 it is in the left frame rail, under the cab, connected into the rear brake line.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
also look for little electrical plugs near your brakes.. that would also tell you if you have abs system installed...

cool I will check it out tommoro morning it has the light on the dash and lights up when i start but i wiill check its not realy a big deal but its little thing like that, That kills me

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
The abs sucks on these trucks, It will start pumping but you will be sliding anyways

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
it works, it just sucks. You gotta think abs wasnt perfected when our trucks came out.

My dads got a 97 and the abs sucks on it.

We have an 07 patriot, and the abs works alright. In the last snwo. i Slid anyways.

Just pump your brakes manual, worked for me. i went everywhere in a 2wd ford, when i live in wyoming.

When the abs does kick in, it scares the **** out of me, because it feels like i dont have control over the pickup. You can always gear down.
Ive been to denver, and ft collins, loveland and brighton. it never seemed they really got enough snow to be scary.

See i lived in laramie on th ebroder of wyoming and colorado, then i lived up by montana and south dakota. We get like a few feet of snow, and blizzards and i drove 200+ miles at about 50 you can ask dan, he was with me.

Down here in oklahoma, we get alot of ice. Just recently it rained, and then we got the first ever blizzard, it was a joke, no whtie out, not alot of snow, but crazy for this area. and it was all ice. and my bedal surged and putter like abs, and it wouldnt have matter anyways, i still slid down the hill backwards.

Last edited:
wow that sound like fun. lol ya well here in denver we have been geting alot of storms and they are not little storms either they are straight white out so i have been here forever so i know how to driving a 2 or 4 wheel drive truck or a little acura so its not a prob i thought they just sucked

A_G

wuh?
Tulsa, Ok
im talkin whiteout storms to

ya well whitre out are the best fun na im just kiddin but i am defently glad i have my truck because if i didnt then i would prabaly miss alot of work but alot of people think 4 wheel drive is just the best but 4 wheel drive 4 wheel slide.jk

the ABS sucks cause its on the diff, no front ABS, and as we all know, the front locks first, i bet if you hit the brakes as hard as you can, the ABS will kick on... this is the ONLY thing i like about my S10, 4WABS!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts