Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A surprise find

Went out last Thursday on my way to the local pull a part and stopped in at a machine shop to ask if he had any power steering brackets laying around. He didn't but made a call to someone he knew of that had a few of these trucks sitting around. No luck on the bracket, but while talking i asked about hood hinges and he said he had a set laying in the bed of a truck $10.00. Sold I'm on my way. Pointed to a truck and said if was going to scrap as soon as he took off the parts he wanted to keep and to help myself. $5.00 for the gauge cluster, $25.00 for the grill surround. Took me about three hours to pull all the parts I needed and made a big pile of parts next to the truck. He comes out and starts rambling off numbers and comes up with $150.00 for everything. Don't think I did too bad for the stuff i got.

05-30-11_6_.jpg

Door panels, Dash pad, One marker light, Door hinges, Radio/heater control bracket are all for the 79. Not sure what I'm going to do with the AC stuff.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Sounds like a pretty good deal.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts