Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A Quick Question?

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
OK,So you know the two idiot lights in our dashes?
(Most say SeatBelt on the left and Brake on the right,But some say Low Fuel economy(Which is probably always on)
Anyway,someone told me the seat-belt light buzzes if ya don't have your belt on,is this true,I have never heard mine buzz or even light up when you turn the key to "ON" (Which means the fuse is probably bad or something)
And someone told me The Low Fuel economy light runs off of vacuum.
So help me out.

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
My Questions are as follows:
someone told me the seat-belt light buzzes if ya don't have your belt on,is this true?
I have a couple more question(s) but you gotta read my whole post...

your two posts have two different themes.

no..the light doesn't buzzz....the buzzer does

it is only a timed buzz to remind you to fasten it.

the brake failure warning light is from the system doing its check system procedure

Last edited:

76f350spercamprspeal

Known By all-*-76SCS-*-
Now that I know it buzzes,I'm glad mine doesn't work,And I'm leaving it that way...I know how the brake warning light works...Just not the Low Fuel Economy Light.

vacuum related..

Depressing the accelerator abruptly will cause the vacuum to go down (Bad Economy) which causes the Light to come on.

No useful help here, but...

I have a Vacuum gauge hooked up in my truck, I call it my MPG meter! LOL because when I get on it, it drops to about 5-7 and if I'm nice to it while I'm cruising it's around 15-17. Which I don't get that good of mileage (usually 14-12) but, my fuel economy is a direct relation to the reaction of the vacuum gauge needle. So that's just my little thing I call it, I thought it was funny.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts