Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A Little Work

78F250

New Jersey Chapter member
I took off the aluminum running boards today. There sure is a lot of clearance under there. I didn't like the look of them and they corroding anyway. I got to crawling underneath and saw a lot more places that need POR 15 applied. I have repair panels and a welder so keeping it intact shouldn't be a problem.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I'd like to see some pics too. I love to look at build threads.

8 to 10 ... 12 if you're lucky

It's not going to be that great, these guys eat gas. My 302 gets 14.3 right now and that is with it in need of a tune up. But the consensus on the bigger engines is that they get between 8-10 with some people up at 12 and soem as low as 4, it really depends on how you drive it.

78F250

I was figuring out how to get the 31 year old body stripping off. I thought about a hair dryer and that wasn't working well. I had some Permatex gasket remover. Seeing I'm not worried about the paint I tried it. Those decals just bubbled up and just peeled right off. Some adhesive is left behind but that will come right off.

78F250

I was curious, so I stripped the paint off the front bumper. No surprise under that paint. It's a mixture of chrome and pitted rust. It also is slightly pushed back on the passenger side. I guess I'll be in the market for a decent front bumper soon. The back is also painted black, I summise it is in the same shape rust wise.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hey! i'm working on a MIG 29, puting a big block in it, but I don't have pics so your just going to have to take my word for it :p

Fordedselfanatic

'77 F250 SC 390 T18
I looked into the "Antique Vehicle" plates too. But the restrictions are kinda harsh. To wit:

"Antique Vehicle
Antique license plates are issued for cars, trucks or motorcycles that are at least 25 years old and are a collector’s item. The vehicle must be used exclusively for exhibitions, club activities, parades or other functions of public interest. Vehicles displaying Antique plates may not be used for regular transportation or carry advertising. The vehicle may be driven to and from a location for routine maintenance."

So if you EVER plan on actually using it for a truck, you can't. Of course, it's a roll of the dice. If your luck is like mine, I'd get stopped as soon as I pulled onto the highway with my lawn mower in the back..'owned'

Personally, I don't want any restrictions on my '77. I want to use if for what ever I see fit.
YMMV...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts