Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A Father and Son pic I took today.

evu6urav.jpg

I took this today while at a company picnic with my dad. That's my F100 on the left, and his F350 on the right. I spend the past three months getting my truck from Barn Find state to road ready. It was great to finally drive it today for the first time for a semi-long distance. I actually just got it inspected this morning. It was such a great feeling to have him put that sticker in the window. The truck hasn't been registered in 20 years. And who knows how long since its even seen a road. She goes and stops great now. I can't wait to start hitting the shows!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
That is a great pic....and congrats on getting your truck back to that condition!

smilieFordlogo YelloThumbUp :beer:

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
You can have those newer rigs all you want....that dent is awesome....congrats and saving another one and putting her back on the road....looks awesome!

Love it! Your F100 looks great, what year is it?

It's a 1974. It has 70,200 original miles. I purchased it from the original owner. It spent its time as a grocery getter and then a brief stint as a farm truck until it was parked in 1994. They went to give it a tube up and afterwards it wouldn't run. And there it sat. For nearly 20 years. Until they put it up for sale earlier this year. I went to check it out and was amazed out how straight the body was(give or take a few adtual dents) and how complete and original it was. It was 100% unmolested. As for the engine, I'm an engine builder and machinist so I was willing to gamble on getting it to run or not. I got it home did an oil change and started with fuel. Blew the lines out, rebuilt the carb, cleaned the tank, and purchased a new pump. Still wouldn't run. But it would back fire. So I went to ignition. This was the kicker. The first thing I did was double check the firing order. It was wrong. Way wrong. I changed the plugs and hooked the wires up correctly and....she roared to life. I performed a compression test and all cylinders came out good. I had to replace the alternator and battery to get it to stay running, but I didn't care. I polished her paint to what you see now. Yes that's the original paint. I have the original steel wheels with hub caps in storage since there were a tad rusty, but I'm in the process of cleaning them up. The remainder of the time was spent on a brake overhaul and upgrade and many little things that usually need replacing on a vehicle this old. I've performed a few upgrades such as a new steering wheel(the original one was cracked but I am keeping it, as with all the original parts) and a complete interior LED upgrade for all the lights. I've also done some upgrades to the 302 in it like headers, custom welded exhaust built by me(unfinished, but done to the mufflers to be legal), HEI distributor, and an edelbrock performer intake with holley 4 barrel. Again, I'm keeping ALL the original parts so that it can always be reverted to the original state. I know that's way more than you wanted to know, but I just like to stress that those barn finds are out there. Mine just came to me in the form of a Craigslist ad labeled, "Old Ford truck for sale."

It's a 1974. It has 70,200 original miles. I purchased it from the original owner. It spent its time as a grocery getter and then a brief stint as a farm truck until it was parked in 1994. They went to give it a tube up and afterwards it wouldn't run. And there it sat. For nearly 20 years. Until they put it up for sale earlier this year. I went to check it out and was amazed out how straight the body was(give or take a few adtual dents) and how complete and original it was. It was 100% unmolested. As for the engine, I'm an engine builder and machinist so I was willing to gamble on getting it to run or not. I got it home did an oil change and started with fuel. Blew the lines out, rebuilt the carb, cleaned the tank, and purchased a new pump. Still wouldn't run. But it would back fire. So I went to ignition. This was the kicker. The first thing I did was double check the firing order. It was wrong. Way wrong. I changed the plugs and hooked the wires up correctly and....she roared to life. I performed a compression test and all cylinders came out good. I had to replace the alternator and battery to get it to stay running, but I didn't care. I polished her paint to what you see now. Yes that's the original paint. I have the original steel wheels with hub caps in storage since there were a tad rusty, but I'm in the process of cleaning them up. The remainder of the time was spent on a brake overhaul and upgrade and many little things that usually need replacing on a vehicle this old. I've performed a few upgrades such as a new steering wheel(the original one was cracked but I am keeping it, as with all the original parts) and a complete interior LED upgrade for all the lights. I've also done some upgrades to the 302 in it like headers, custom welded exhaust built by me(unfinished, but done to the mufflers to be legal), HEI distributor, and an edelbrock performer intake with holley 4 barrel. Again, I'm keeping ALL the original parts so that it can always be reverted to the original state. I know that's way more than you wanted to know, but I just like to stress that those barn finds are out there. Mine just came to me in the form of a Craigslist ad labeled, "Old Ford truck for sale."

That's awesome. Sounds like it's going to be well taken care of from here on out. Definitely more than I asked, but I like hearing what others are doing to restore/improve their trucks. Helps inspire me on doing the same.

Workin' Rig

Stone Cold Bo Norris
Nice truck! It always amazes me how good the old ones look beside a new one.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

Ford Truck Articles