Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

A/C Vent Hole in Dash

78F250

New Jersey Chapter member
Sometime ago the PO had removed the factory air. Well, that left a nice square hole in the center of the dash. I've been trying to come up with a way to make it less noticeable. Maybe a panel with aftermarket gauges. I would greatly appreciate any realistic ideas you all might have.

You could make a panel and put some gauges in it or do like i did to my parts truck and weld a panel in the hole and smooth it out.And it would look like it never had one there.Or find a non AC dash and swap it.Just a idea

gsxr1238

Be fast.....or be last.
Awhile back i had to replace the dash mask over the gauge cluster in my '78 F250.The only decent mask I could find was made for an a/c model,so it had a vent register over the headlight and wiper switches.I pulled the register and cut a piece of polished aluminum plate and bolted it over the opening.Then i cut a hole in the plate and installed my vacuum gauge there.Turned out really well,and now the gauge is more visible than it's old location.Hope that helps.

I suggest a clock ....

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
x 2 on the clock idea.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I like the gauge Idea myself.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Wow maybe you can put a small dvd screen in that hole!

Okay I would like to add

GPS Unit

An MP3 player.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Ok no more suggestions or I may want to swap in an a/c dash just to put something in :rofl:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Good to see people from NJ showing up. Maybe we can start a chapter soon

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Yes it is a daily driver.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Depending on your fab skills, or wallet size, you could do this.

Pretty sweet looking!
dash01.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts