Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

98 Explorer, rear leaf spring

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
uh.. am i right when i say that these only have 1! spring!!!! not like F150's were they have several springs on the spring pack. just surpised the crap outta me when i rotated the tires on it this afternoon...

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Huh...wouldn't have guessed it.

I think Mom's '94 (4-door) had three leaves, but it's been too many years to be sure.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Only sports have a mono leaf pack. You can gain a few inches of lift by swapping in a 4 door multi leaf pack.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
doesn't surprise me

offroadkarter

New Jersey Chapter member
NJ
yes sports have a mono leaf pack... I'm sure that was to keep the ride floaty, 4 door leafs probably would make it ride rougher...

Fellro

Staff member
That's pretty much the gist of it, it give a smoother ride, but is wimpy for any kind of weight capacity.

offroadkarter

New Jersey Chapter member
NJ
rides pretty rough anyways the shocks are el-cheapos... they are yellow no brand identification... they might be factory stock... definatly time for some new ones...

factory is usually going to be black.... atleast they are on the 97 and 00 i work on... you probably have some crappy monroes or something dont know

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts