Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

95 ford problem

I have a 95 ford f150. I just recently put in a new steering column. I got the steering column out of a truck identical to this one. but this afternoon i put the bottom cover on the column and when i did the air bag light started flashing and the horn was going off. when i take the piece back off the horn stops but the airbag light keeps flashing.

anybody got any suggestions?

Welcome to the site - Sounds like you've pinched a wire or have a screw going through it on the horn circuit ...... double check your airbag connection too. Make SURE you only disconnect and reconnect airbag wiring with the battery Disconnected otherwise it can get real exciting when it goes off.
With the airbag wiring check for continuity (make sure the battery is disconnected) along the length of the column as maybe you've actually broken/seperated one of the airbag wires

Last edited:
could my problem possibly be the white plug that screws onto the steering column. it is loose but there isnt any wires coming out of it just going into it.

what does this go to?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts